Gary is pastor of New Life Church in Whitehaven.
Foundations for faith in the changing climate.
We recognise that we don't 'fit in' with today's society that no longer has biblical values but Gary brings encouragement to all bible-believing Christians.
God is faithful and he is our God, with us at even the most difficult times.
|Listen to this preached by Gary on 23rd Feb 2014|
Genesis 27 - Isaac blesses his son.
Gary looks at the account of Jacob and Esau. Why is one person chosen above another? We are all sinners and undeserving of our Father's blessing.
|Listen to this preached by Gary Brown on 21st June 2015|
Today Gary speaks of how all believers are challenged because of their beliefs and refers to scripture to show how we should respond.
We are told to humble ourselves. Are YOU known for your humility?
We are also told we are engaged in warfare. We are not to be frightened - we are the elect. We are to be watchful, on guard, alert.
|Listen to this preached by Gary Brown on 16th October 2016|
(6) In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials,
(7) that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
(8) whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
(9) receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.
(10) Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
(11) searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.
Your local church needs you. All members have something significant to contribute no matter how trivial it may seem and it isn't always rosy. With a mix of personalities from differing
backgrounds it is all too easy to be hurt by someone. It is all too easy to feel you have done enough. Gary encourages us to keep going, to go a few more yards because it is
worth it. He gives us a story of a swimmer to illustrate.
All believers are members of Christ's church but we are given reasons why we should be committed to a local church and focus on Jesus so that we can go the extra yards.
|Listen to this preached by Gary Brown on 18th June 2017|
John tells us that the Jews persecute Jesus because he heals a man on the sabbath and states He is the Son of God. Jesus is coequal with The Father in the Trinity that is God.
Gary reminds us of the deity and preeminance of Jesus. Jesus gives an indictment of those who suppose themselves knowledgeable of scripture but fail to know God.
We are all to know and be enamoured of Jesus.
|Listen to this preached by Gary Brown on 6th June 2018|
(8) Jesus said to him, "Get up, take up your bed, and walk."
(9) And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked.
. . .
(46) For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.
(47) But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"
Gary relates an instance of a friend declaring he had greater confidence when wearing spectacles an asks, "As Christians where do we have our confidence?" and "how do we
maintain that confidence?".
Throughout these verses Jesus is central and shown to be supreme. He is the Creator. He is to be worshipped. He rules and upholds the universe.
|Listen to this preached by Gary Brown on 21st October 2018|
(2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.
(3) He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,